Hair Help

Everything from sanding and priming to varnishing!
Darkson

Hair Help

Post by Darkson »

Hey everyone long time since I was here last but as soon as I started to think about how to face my Hair problem I thought that this would be the first and best place to get some help.

I picked up the Necromunda Escher gang and I want to do a really sick job on painting their hair. So I am looking for links, tips, cool punk hair photos, or anything that will help me get some rocking hair for my girls.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Rob
Barton

Re: Hair Help

Post by Barton »

Drybrushing is GREAT for hair; recommend you practice on gang member to get the hang of it.
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA
Lastman

Re: Hair Help

Post by Lastman »

I took a class with Paintminion on the Reaper forum--she does some of the best hair I've seen. Check out her stuff there and on CMON.

Main thing to remember is hair is just like any other surface when it comes to highlighting, so only the prominent parts get the highest highlight. Light falls like snow. The shape of the skull or shoulders also affects how you will define those shapes with the light. Instead of painting hair with every groove shaded, and every ridge highlit, do it in a way that defines the shape underneath. For example, if you were to place a circular crown of laurels (or thorns!) on a head, the part that the crown touches is where you'd highlight.