Re: 2013 Golden Demons

Post by Nameless »

if this is true... wow
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Ariakas

Post by Ariakas »

Wow that's surprising, GW is really trying to cut every "social" part of their business?

French GD last year was a huge mess (bad venue in the middle of an industrial waste) and with many organisation issues (most minis ended in the open category because of some weird ruling about bases) but still...
Marta

Post by Marta »

GD France has been officialy cancelled:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... =28100002a

you need to check it on frechn version in order to see that link properly

the last paragraph on the page:
vous vous demandez sans doute pourquoi les finalistes d'Armies on Parade ne se rendent pas au Games Day comme les années précédentes. L'année 2013 ne comportera pas d'édition française du Games Day. Nous avons décidé de profiter de cette année pour remanier le Games Day et ainsi vous proposer une expérience hobby hors du commun pour la prochaine édition.
I guess I can kiss the idea of having an ugly demon statue on my shelf goodbye;]

edit: I know GDUK is pretty safe this year, but I can't paint EM s tyle;p

cheers

'eM
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Ok, since not everyone can understand french, here is a little translation of what's said in the paragraph:

vous vous demandez sans doute pourquoi les finalistes d'Armies on Parade ne se rendent pas au Games Day comme les années précédentes. L'année 2013 ne comportera pas d'édition française du Games Day. Nous avons décidé de profiter de cette année pour remanier le Games Day et ainsi vous proposer une expérience hobby hors du commun pour la prochaine édition.
You probably wonder why the finalists of Armies on Parade aren't going to GD like previous year. 2013 won't see the French Edition of the GD. We decided to take this year off to "rebuilt" the GD and therefore offer you an outstanding hobby experience for the following year.

So basically, to make it short: No French GD this year, but next year 2014 with a new version of it.