Rawr...aka hello there.

Say "hello" and add a few words about you here :)
skraaal

Rawr...aka hello there.

Post by skraaal »

Heya,

Let's start off with names, mine is Axel. Pleased to meet you. I'm 24 years of age and I live in sunny England! I currently work, study and paint miniatures!

I really do love painting, it's something that I've enjoyed doing for a couple of years now, and each time I paint I try to improve a little too.

I have my own website where I publish my efforts at painting (http://www.miniature-studio.com) and connected to the website I also write a little blog about my ideas and views on painting as well as showing WIP shots of miniatures I'm working on at the time. If you want to see the blog please just click the blog button at the bottom right of my website or follow the link above.

I do commissions from time to time, but for the most part I paint for the love of painting and the joy that I get out of it. It's something I try to share with people that I meet and in that way I hope to bring more into this little niche world of ours.

Some of the biggest inspirations to me are the wonderful miniatures painted by people from all over the world, it's great to be able to look at people's work and recognize different styles and forms of painting that sometimes even relate to regions. I also think that nature has a massive part to play in how and what inspires us, from colors in a sunset or sunrise to the greens of a forest landscape.

I'm relatively good at taking criticism, generally as long as it's constructive, so to that end please do feel free to critique anything and everything I post up here, as only with critique and helpful pointers can we improve.

I've never been to a painting workshop but one day I intend on going to one as I'm sure that learning in person is much nicer than trying to work things out all on your own!

Anyway, for an introduction I think I've gone on long enough, if you didn't read the full post - then in essence hi, my name is Axel and it's a pleasure to meet you!

Happy painting!

Axel.

:)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

My Website - http://www.miniature-studio.com
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Re: Rawr...aka hello there.

Post by Hellspawn »

Oi and welcome around here :)
Don't forget to show us some pics :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

welcome Axel, have fun and post pics :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Heya, heya!
What Nameless said: better bring some piccies 8)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Hello and welcome