Hi from the Big Apple!

Say "hello" and add a few words about you here :)
Bearded Axe
(Forum newbie)

Hi from the Big Apple!

Post by Bearded Axe »

Just getting back into the 40k hobby after being away from it for 15+ yrs. Luckily I kept most of my armies and now looking to repaint and add new miniatures to the ranks. I have always enjoyed the hobby and the artisan aspect of painting and converting mini's more so then the actual game. But that being said I plan on relearning the new rules to 40k 6th edition once I have tuned up my armies. If any one can advise me to what are the best paints currently being used and or paint sets that are out there. This would be of great help after being away from the hobby for so long. I do remember how fast GW's paints would dry up. :D

Thank you and all the best!
Bearded Axe
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Hi from the Big Apple!

Post by sea.man »

welcome!
I use the standard GW paints and I'm happy with those. Andrea Miniatures releases sets of paints like 'flesh colors' or 'NMM set'.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Welcome, use what you have and or like all have good things and bad things (some more then others) i like Andrea and GW, now trying Liquitex.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

welcome!
as for paints - just get any brand and paint. you can then add other brands to your collection and see if you like them better or not.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Bearded Axe
(Forum newbie)

Post by Bearded Axe »

Thank you for the warm welcomes. Good advice from all. I'll pick up 2-3 paints from each brand and start testing them out. Thanks and I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Happy Holidays to all! :D

Bearded Axe
Bearded Axe
(Forum newbie)

Post by Bearded Axe »

Update on my paints:
Ok, I bought 13 bottles of Reaper MSP core clr's, with one ink and the white & black primer at my local gaming center. Also picked up a bucket of GW's Abaddon Black & Liquid Green Stuff. Not to my surprise GW's paints are $4.00 per and .70 cents more than the MSP. I guess some things never change. I'll be ordering the Army Painter, Warpaints Mega Paint Set next with a selection of P3 & Vallejo Game Clr's. Once I get all my paints in and do a few practice runs I plan on resurrecting my unfinished Khorne Demon Prince. I'll continue this on the WIP's thread. Thanks again and Happy New Years!