I like paint... it tastes funny.

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
marcineczek0
(Forum newbie)

I like paint... it tastes funny.

Post by marcineczek0 »

Hi guys
It's my first post in miniature painting section on this forum... so please be gentle. :D I treat this forum as a home for some of the best painters out there and was always way too shy to show my work. But now I need your help because I want to learn how to paint better...

I've started to work on Vampire Counts Necromancer and need some opinions, critique and sugestions on my work in progress.

Please don't ask about brown undercoat... I honestly have no idea why I did that. :lol:

Marcin
Last edited by marcineczek0 on 18 Mar 2013, o 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Re: Vampire Count Necromacer - need opinions.

Post by arctica »

Great start, the red is so rich and vibrant. I'd be tempted to highlight further the upper most part of the cloak at the arm and at the fold coming out at the tip of the cloak which is sweeping out just as a final touch, but it really depends on the feel of the rest of the mini too. Can't wait to see more.
marcineczek0
(Forum newbie)

Post by marcineczek0 »

First of all I have no idea why I didn't posted this in Polish section... but what the hell.

Thanks arctica. I like to paint with red colors but ussually my camera can't pick it up too well... I'm suprised with the photos this time.
To be honest I have no clear idea where I will go next with this mini. I've started to work on the lower part of his cloak and right now I'm not sure about the color I chose. He starts to be way too colorful than I would like... I apreciate if you have any sugestions.

Oh and I did some work on the other arm...

Thanks again for your help on this one...
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Brown basecoat doesn't have to be a bad thing at all as long as you know what impact it's going to have on your painting.

So far I like the results very much - especially the vibrancy and richness of your reds. Greens look less interesting so far, but when you pull the shadows deeper, they're going to be as good as reds.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
marcineczek0
(Forum newbie)

Post by marcineczek0 »

Thanks for reply Mahon!
I've tried to work on the greens a little more.

Now I need to think hard what color will be the other part of the cloak (not to mention the fricking colar). Like I've said I don't want to overload this mini with too much colors. I really need to read some more on color teory...
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

Please don't ask about brown undercoat... I honestly have no idea why I did that.
well brown is not a badthing - well if you know what end how is better then black as it leves you a place to make things darker controary to black wich is alrdy black ..
the side effct is that brown is in warm colors so eny color put over him will get +1 to warmnes .. but colors like red eng gren will get excelent

Necropancer - greens - add shadows (strong ones ) end will look good now is somwer betwen
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
marcineczek0
(Forum newbie)

Post by marcineczek0 »

Thanks for you input Maru... I've tried to add more deep shadows to the green cloak. I've added a couple of dark blue glazses (was hoping that it would contrast with somwhat warm greens). If it's not enough... too bad. If I will have to spend another minute working on that green I will go mantal.

ImageImage

Again thanks for your help guys. I really apreciate it!!!
Marta

Post by Marta »

/me likes the Reds:) very juicy;]
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

I really like the red aswell :D
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

blue + green = turquse - thats near
green + red thats oposite - so thats should be shadow as 2 oposite collors will create deep dark
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/