Gavvas WIP

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Gavva
(Forum newbie)

Re: Gavvas WIP

Post by Gavva »

A bit more progress, christmas preparations slowing everything down :)

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Gavva
(Forum newbie)

Post by Gavva »

Been fiddling with a base for the MoC. Thinking about adding 1 or 2 twigs and some dead leaves.

Without model:

With model:

Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

you'll need to do something about the claws on the feet, cause the white metal pops too much :(
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

oh, so you'd taken two pieces of flat cork and glue them together. and they look like... two pieces of cork glued together ;)
I'm a great fan of bases complementing the quality of a paintjob, not decreasing the overall note :) this one is IMHO too simple and below the painting level on the mini itself. YMMV :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Gavva
(Forum newbie)

Post by Gavva »

Luckily for me he wasn't glued in place. Been procrastinating painting the last parts on him and fiddling with a new base instead. Coming from mainly sand and some static grass on the base this is the longest time i have ever put into one + displaybase. Not sure how to paint the leaves though.Should i go full autumn with bright yellow orange and red or tone it all down with brownish autumn tones...

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Base is better.
As for the colors of the leaves, try and go for something that won't steal the focus point from the mini. Right now mini is drawn into the base and it's a bit hard to notice details of the mini
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

agreed, the leaves are too bright and too big, they steal focus from the mini.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Gavva
(Forum newbie)

Post by Gavva »

More progress. Darkened the leaves and started on the NMM on the arms and weapons.

Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Something's wrong. Perhaps the photo, would be cool to see it with a neutral background and to have some other angles cause right now, the focus on the leaves is worse than before, mini is completely stolen by the flashy leaves.
NMM on the other hand looks awsome
Gavva
(Forum newbie)

Post by Gavva »

Rats. :( I'm not getting the attention stealing effect irl. My gf does though, so it's probaly me unconsciously focusing on the mini. I hope darkening the leaves further does the trick.