bases for REDEMPTIONISTS gang

You need inspiration, ideas? Not a WIP yet but still in a concept stage? Come here!
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

bases for REDEMPTIONISTS gang

Post by Demi_morgana »

the new year has com so there's a time to try to establish paining plans for 2010;
there are many minis which I haven't started last year and many which I haven't finished in 2009 :?
one of such unaccomplished tasks is my redemption gang for necromunda - I was thinking a lot about painting them, chosing proper colors etc and I think I finally have crystalised vision of what I wanna achieve... more-less :roll:
whole gang contains about dozen psychos and they will be painted in "classic" unholy inquisition way but I still haven't decided what bases will fit them the best...
I hope to make scenic base for the whole band so please help me decide what will it be :)
it's necromunda so grassy hiss is not an option... any ideas?

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Re: bases for REDEMPTIONISTS gang

Post by Corvus »

some ideas: grating, plating, piping, ladders, ...

you could use multiple levels too for your display, with some ladders etc
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

showcase base for all minis or individual base for every single mini?
single bases - anything city/industrial like. Corvus mentioned some good ideas already.
showcase - perhaps you could make a multi-level base? redemptionists would be placed on a top level (street, pavement, building walls...), scavvies would be on a bottom level - sewage, rats, junk, ladder...)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

I was rather thinking about single-level base: there will be 13-15 models (just checked all gang members) and I want to put the display base into my glasscase which shelves also have limited size :roll: I hope it will be about 15-16cm deep;
the base will be made only for redemptionists of course;
I just thought about making some kind of shrine/temple base... ruined and cracked floor tiles maybe representing some fire icon? :think:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

during the site was off I was thinking and planning a bit the base for my redemption; I'm quite sure it will be sort of mosaic but surely not fire symbol;
it must be sth simple yet eyecathing - I thought about inquisition symbol =][= - it should fit redemptionists well, right? :think:
I cannot remind any other symbol of inquisition :(

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I think a mosaic idea is really cool and have a big display base so all their bases form one large symbol. A temple would be right up their street too being redemptionists, you could put like scrolls and skulls all around as extra detail on the base.

Are redemptionists related to the inquisition? im not really sure. Might want to look around at blanche art and find something from his work? since redemptionists remind me most of his work.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

thanks for the tip! I will add some servoskulls and maybe one or two servants from smm :twisted:
I wanted to check blanche's art but his site is down for a while... :evil:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!