Redav's Biel tan army

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
REDAV

Re: Redav's Biel tan army

Post by REDAV »

czlowiek.morze wrote:I hope that postiong pics here will only motivate you to painting faster ;)
At the second photo from the top (where are unpainted minis) I can see, that plastic minis(i.e. Guardians) are glues to the base. How will you later base them? Don`t you pin them?
No I wont pin them and the those I use will keep them i place for a long time hehe and I didn’t have problems with basing my Avengers.
mahon wrote:10 years later, when you are done with this army, it will be a great way to close the Tale of Gamers series ;)

BTW I think that I have never seen an army painted to this standard on any tournament I participated in.
Hehehe leth hope it will be sooner.

I managed to do some progress with my Eldar Jet Bikers and if it wont be to hot tomorrow I will finish 2 whole models and another 2 Jet Bikes.

Here you can see some photos of those buggers.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

At this stage I need to do:

- freehands,
- Gems,
- Bases,
- and a little cleaning, retouching.

All of those bikes ware painted with Gimiaks Airbrush. Partially I’m very happy with the final result but if you by accident stain or paint a airbrushed surface it will bee almost impossible to paint it in that same color with a normal brush. Those models are my Table Top and I don’t want to paint this army on a lower level :twisted:

So how do you like them ??
Last edited by REDAV on 23 Jul 2010, o 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Those green canopies are so smooth :) i think an airbrush is almost ideal for sections like that. Great to see they are coming along well and you're painting at an alarming speed.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

so smooth an shiny :) I like them, keep your tale rolling :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
REDAV

Post by REDAV »

Hi,

I managed to finish 4 Jet Bikes and 2 Guardians raiding them so here u have some photos of 2 painted Bikers.

And how do you like them ??
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Love them! These are more display pieces than just game pieces. Very nice work and you should be proud of your army. :clap:
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Agreed, these just look superb and a very high standard of painting.
REDAV

Post by REDAV »

Thx for the comments. I glad that u like them.

Now I’m taking a brake from the tale because painting 4 bikes was to much for me and I wanted to paint something different so I will post some progress in about two weeks.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

REDAV wrote:And how do you like them ??
Well done! Again they're much better than any army I saw on a tournament. Probably you're here to beat Szary's tabletop quality :lol:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
REDAV

Post by REDAV »

Now I’m trying to pain some models or the upcoming Husar painting contest and this project is on hold but I managed to find some time to paint a miniature or this army :lol:. Its an Howling Banshee Exarch and with this model my 10 strong squad is complete. I wanted to practice some nmm on her and I’m partially satisfied.

I hope you enjoy watching this mini :dance:
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

Glorious, I love the blending you've done.
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh: