BUGOBBOS the pheromone tribe

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

BUGOBBOS the pheromone tribe

Post by NAVARRO »

Hi folks, Joining in for a self motivation tale of buggers :mrgreen: ... On my table a new Night Goblin army for the new Warhammer fantasy edition.

I skipped the 7th edition of warhammer, but the new one seems like a much more entertaining experience so I decided to start a army for it...
This will be just a fun side project with not much sculpting involved, in fact most of the convos will be just reposed stock models, all of this because painting an army of hundreds of Goblins is quite a challenging task.

The army is going to be 100% Night goblins with no orcs and the theme is the Bug handlers tribe... On this tale I will develop the fluff the army and all things Bugobbo related.
But for a short introduction fluff lets just say that: ...in a particular cave infested with Nigh goblins they managed to train the dark caves big bugs by manipulating pheromone poisons in rare mushrooms... This is the tale of the Bugobbo Tribe.

Since Im a graphic nazi heres the banner for the project:
ImageClick to see full-sized image

And a sketch I aways like to do for my projects to calculate points more visually:

I will update this sheet with colors as I go.

Red= Totally assembled
Blue= On the Painting stage
Green= Finished

BUGOBBOS 2250pts-----------------------------------------------------------------------

»50 Nigh goblins With Bows, Boss, Standart, Musician and fanatics

»50 Nigh goblins With Spears, Boss, Standart, Musician, netters and fanatics

»30 Nigh goblins With Hand weapons, Boss, Standart, Musician, netters and fanatics

»30 Nigh goblins With Hand weapons, Boss, Standart, Musician, netters and fanatics

»2 Spear chukkas

»3 River trolls

»10 Squig Hoppers

»10 Spider Riders With Spears, Boss, Standart and Musician

» 20 Squig Herders 4 teams

» Giant
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
========================================================================
Total 1900 Pts

I still have 350Pts left for the Lords/ heroes/ magic that will be organized after the bulk of this project is done.

Wish me luck
Last edited by NAVARRO on 25 Aug 2010, o 16:15, edited 3 times in total.
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Re: BUGOBBOS the pheromone tribe

Post by arctica »

I have a nightgoblin force of my own with no orcs either and this just sounds too cool :D i can't wait to see some of your conversions for this project. Great plan and background.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

wow, this should be interesting. can't wait to see first steps :)

oh, and good luck ofcourse ;)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Fantastic plan, good luck!
Now let me see some pics, plz! :D
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

Good luck Nav! I think in your army will be a lot of "greens" and conversions ;)
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Let’s put a smile on that face!
gmurie

Post by gmurie »

Your quick sketch is better than my finished paint jobs. I can't wait to see the results. I once had a similar army way back in the days of 5th edition, and I know what kind of work you're setting yourself up for. I would suggest Skarsnik the Night Goblin unique as one of your characters. He's a good centerpiece with his pet Gnobbla the giant squig. Back in the day it was also the only one of two ways to anchor an all Night Goblins force with high Ld character.

I understand from some of the podcasts I've heard about 8th that army banners are very good. Another opportunity for a good centerpiece model.

Were I you I'd be doing a lot more of those points in characters, to avoid having to paint quite so many goblins, but I'm a lazy bugger.

Are you going to convert the spider riding goblins into Night Goblins then?
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

As for bosses I love a couple of GW models and as LD is concerned I will have to have at least one big boss for NG squad.
The spider riders will be Night gobbos, I dont like the forest gobbos and they kind of dont fit my army fluff, although their shields are awesome!
I'm planning something for the NG units that have shields... I either buy tons of spider riders shields or I will make 2 or 3 designs and ask someone to cast them. Still not sure.

On the updates front I will post some pics of some gobbos today.
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Update 1
«First post also updated»

Assembled 10 Ngobbos Archers and some unit fillers.
The archers will all have strings on their bows just because I hate to see invisible strings and arrows regiments... they look like incomplete miniatures without the strings on the bows to me, its aton of extra work but I dont mind.
The bugs are bombardier beetles so quite fluffy for a unit of archers and the big fat guy is a gobbo that eated to many mushrooms.

Unit fillers and individual convos
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

cool stuff. definitely a very promising tale to keep an eye on!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
REDAV

Post by REDAV »

I always wanted to have a goblin themed army but Warriors of Chaos won hehe. You have a very nice army plan and those models that you presented are sweet. Now I hope you will paint them and show them so that we can see all the detail on those models.