Angels of 30th millennium

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
Aleks

Re: Angels of 30th millennium

Post by Aleks »

Of course not praises! Just constructive criticism and maybe some ideas. Unfortunately I can't do anything about chaplain's arm, I need him to have a power fist equipped for my games, btw, what's wrong about it? I fixed the left arm of librarian already, I noticed that after I took the pictures :doh: . His previous version was looking more hmm victorious, he was looking on the right side, but he was more like a commander, not librarian. I wanted to give him that sorcerous feel, his hand bit of forearm will be glowing(haven't decided which colour yet), when he is casting psychic power from that hand it would be nice to look at that direction, I think :-| . Any suggestions for that? Also I fixed the right arm of termie-librarian, It looks fine now.

Cheers!
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Im not very good at sculpting or conversions but for me the ideas are some really good ones and very brave. As Mahon has said if the finish is a little bit cleaner then they'll be superb. One thing which i've seen people do these days to show magic/psychic powers is using really thin wires which can hold the form and use it as a physical item to show the power coming from around his hand etc, like flames or lightning arcs etc. Unfortunately most of the examples i've seen have never been very convincing or well done, so does require quite a bit of planning i think to get right.

For now in my opinion your character models are very unique and the little extra details make them stand out for sure, depends alot on how you paint them now :) but good work so far. Perhaps one day i'll take that extra step like you've done and convert more of my models.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

Thanks! My goal is to convert anything I can(only not converted things are the drop pods and most of vehicles).
Im not up for any lightnings, flames and other stuff like that, just the glow.
Im afraid I'll screw the conversion effort with my poor paintjob. :boohoo: I have to practice on some miniatures I won't use, fortunately I have some tactical marines to do it.
Now Im working on dreadnought's close combat blades, It will be like FW chainblades, I already have the main bits for that, I have to glue up the teeth and trims, some motors and other details.
Cheers! :dance:
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

Could you motivate me to further work? :banghead:
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Erm :) put on some music ! actually what i do often is put away most of my unpainted minis and leave out my painted ones so that i'm not disheartened. Also choose the unit you want to do the most and you'll get stuff painted :) or converted.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Aleks wrote:Could you motivate me to further work? :banghead:
P-A-I-N-T :gun: :sniper: :rifle:
What motivates me to paint is a view of a whole army/unit that is unpainted and then I just want to change it :mrgreen: Maybe make o picture of what you already got and what is waiting
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

just take a look at other armies painted in different tales :) aren't you jealous? ;)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

So now you have a bunch of cool modified minis, what is more motivating than that? i can hear them saying "paint me...." :angel:
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

The problem is... that I didn't paint anything yet. o.O Just primed some squads and vehicles. Here's my chapter master(the 1st one) that will play as librarian. Seriously, how you can be in command and have a helmet at the same time. You can't. He will have a banner+servoskull but I will paint them separately.
ImageClick to see full-sized image
ImageClick to see full-sized image

Cheers! :dance:
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

I usually get motivated once I start painting. So maybe you just need to start painting something?
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...