Arctica's Commission Trolls

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Arctica's Commission Trolls

Post by arctica »

Well as some of you know I have started getting excited about warmachine and I've been playing some games recently getting to know the system. The guy here in Dubai who showed me the game has sold me his Cygnar models (so keep your eyes peeled for that tale) but in exchange i will be painting some of his trolls. So this will be a topic for those commissiong models. Then once this is done i'll take some pics of our games once everything is painted.

Anyway here are the first pictures of the impaler model. Thanks to Nav for his ideas on little mushrooms. After i did the initial painting of most of the skin and some of the leather i noticed there was some damage etc on the arm so i made a green stuff bandage for it so now it's drying.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Oh and some more mushrooms with the excess greenstuff ^^
Last edited by arctica on 16 Oct 2011, o 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Re: Arctica's Commission Trolls

Post by Hellspawn »

Is it a wish from the customer to have the skin that green?
arctica

Post by arctica »

he said i had free reign on the skin so even i don't know how he'll take it yet. Anyway the troll skin is very blue on their display models :)

ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

Ooh trolls... I like trolls :)

Nice work on the green skin... I don't know what standard you are aiming for, nor what is finished, but the leather bits look a bit flat here and there.

And it might be interesting to work in some pink area's around fingers, elbows, knees. Unless that's too much showcase? ;)
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

waiting to see a BIG troll here... 8)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
arctica

Post by arctica »

ToMaZ wrote:Ooh trolls... I like trolls :)

Nice work on the green skin... I don't know what standard you are aiming for, nor what is finished, but the leather bits look a bit flat here and there.

And it might be interesting to work in some pink area's around fingers, elbows, knees. Unless that's too much showcase? ;)
Great idea on the pink, i think it would make the model a bit better. The models i'm painting for him will be a decent tabletop standard as i'm going to try and speed up some of my painting too. Part of the reason is because there are another 8-9 models of trolls to come. A couple of which are huge, Mulg the Ancient is the one im looking forward to and dreading at the same time. We'll see. There are lots still to do but i'm enjoying this one. I need to do some glazes to smooth out bits on the skin but I know i'll have fun.
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Looking good
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

arctica wrote:...A couple of which are huge, Mulg the Ancient is the one im looking forward to and dreading at the same time. We'll see..
Mulg is as heavy as a brick and a serious lethal weapon in the wrong hands... It really is a big chunk of metal. Lots of details and wrinkles and stones protruding through skin... lovely ^^

The bomber is a big beast too, I don't know if you have to paint that one?
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
arctica

Post by arctica »

Ah good to know :) i look forward to painting Mulg.

I've progressed more with the leather and browns, lots on it but i'm still tempted to use your pink idea on the skin, i think it'll help give it more colour but i'm seeing the client tomorrow so i'll let him throw ideas at me too. Maybe a couple more nights before i finish. Quickie pics will take better ones when i finish.

Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

You worked on the skin? Seems to "pop" a little more, especially the face