Rzymek's Drow army

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
Rzymek

Rzymek's Drow army

Post by Rzymek »

Hi - for some years I've been collecting some models to make an army of dark elves. I don't like the games workshop flashy clean , fair skined - pissed off - overspiky dark elves so I gathered verious models from past date confrontation, Hordes and my own convertions of Games workshop and confrontation models. Here are some things I've already done and I hope to post new stuff as it goes but still I don't have a proper skill or camaera to make better photos. I will try to push some discipline as there are some other big projects comming an the current games workshop rulespack does not motivate me to play so I'm making an army with 7th edition in mind and hoping for better future. My other project includes Imperial Guard army made in style of a mix of 1970s style flyers and 1940s nazi armour. Havn't decided about the latter yet. I'm also building a big dwarf airship unlike the one I already built(available photos in http://chestofcolors.com/gallery/rzymek ... l-project/ )
Rzymek

Re: Rzymek's Drow army

Post by Rzymek »

mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Wait, so you're making an army for outdated edition of WFB hoping that it will be playable when next editions of WFB get to change rules again?

Oh man, this is going to be a project unlike any other :D
Good luck with it.

I can see you're using a mix of minis from various manufacturers. Can you give us a list of manufacturers used in this project so far? It will surely be useful for those of us looking for alternative models.

Thanks!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

mahon wrote:I can see you're using a mix of minis from various manufacturers. Can you give us a list of manufacturers used in this project so far? It will surely be useful for those of us looking for alternative models.

Thanks!
Rzymek wrote:...so I gathered verious models from past date confrontation, Hordes and my own convertions of Games workshop and confrontation models.
:mrgreen:

Good luck with your ToG, like the idea and the color scheme so far :clap:
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

good luck with your tale!
I like the creative approach so far!
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Rzymek

Post by Rzymek »

It's not like I make it for the rules of the past. I like the models and the units are still going to be in the book . I played in tournaments, have 3 1st places of DMP...no I might wanna play with Units I like that are not really the Powergamers dream. That's why i collect it this way. The models above are :
Left to right : Confrontation Maelyn, http://gildianajemnikow.pl/index.php?p6 ... orceress-1 , http://gildianajemnikow.pl/index.php?p5 ... wood-elf-1 , the last one I don't remember but it's also freebooter. I also have this Guy with the sword :
http://gildianajemnikow.pl/index.php?p1 ... acters-i-3

and he looks like this :
ImageClick to see full-sized image

The harpies are confrontation sylphes with reaper demon wings and those other are daikine models , also confrontation. Shades are from Hordes 'mage hunters'
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

A very good tale! What is your points goal?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Rzymek

Post by Rzymek »

Ammm there is no goal I guess. I treat this like a sort of a collctor hobby...probably will expand this until i have to sell or I will be able to play 10 000 strong battles which probably isn't gonna happen, There is a plan to bouild a displey of : 2-3 War galley ships which will be a raiding force and a flying city diorama (size around 2/2m , modular structure. )
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Rzymek, how are you doing with your DE army?
Any progress or you don't have much time for it?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Rzymek

Post by Rzymek »

I've made 90% of another unit of shades and...amm...had to change a flat and buy a car... :(