Login/Cookie Problems

Something doesn't work right? You have ideas for possible improvements?
p1per

Login/Cookie Problems

Post by p1per »

Not sure if I'm the only one but recently I quite often loose my login and have to relog. This never happened before but has been happening now and then in the last two weeks (and just now). I also tried deleting all my CofC cookies and then relog with a "fresh start" but that also didn't help.

Anything going on maintenance-wise which is causing this or am I the only one?

Cheers
p1per
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: Login/Cookie Problems

Post by Nameless »

Mahon is already working on it
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

still experiencing it? it's ok here since the last changes...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
p1per

Post by p1per »

I just had to relog right before I posted this thread. I checked if my browser lost my CofC cookies but they were still there so I don't know if either my cookies were screwed up or something with the site was going on. I will see if it happens again and let you know. :)

Maybe a hint that might help you in any way if that shouldn't have happened today. I block all sites from setting cookies by default and I'm using an exception list for sites that are allowed to do so. Maybe allowing cookies for 'chestofcolors.com' isn't enough - in terms that an exception for any 3rd party site is also necessary but before the problems started everything was ok this way - and thats what's causing the problems for me?
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

hmmm...
yesterday i was experiencing very frequent log out problems (for a few days actually) and I changed cookie settings. it seemed that i managed to get it all working properly in the evening and you're bursting my bubble ;)

don't really know what to change as all I changed was cookie name, so all previous cookies were invalidated. but new ones - after clearing them - should work. i will be checking today but I seem to be lacking ideas now...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
p1per

Post by p1per »

Ah ok I guess I had to relog yesterday because I didn't have/get the new cookie seetings. :) So far no problems since yesterday if it happens again I'll let you know.