IV Chest of Colors Mini Exchange

Threads regarding previous editions of Chest of Colors Miniature Exchanges
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

IV Chest of Colors Mini Exchange

Post by Nameless »

It's about !&^%$@# time, right? Time to provide some fun and reward for our active members :)

I think you already know what CoC Mini Exchange is... so, without further ado...

4th Chest of Colors Mini Exchange

Mini Exchanges are becoming a Chest of Colors tradition. We already had three of these, you can check results of our attempts on forum pages. We are now preparing for the 4th Mini Exchange!
So, what is the Mini Exchange? Generally speaking, every participant paints a mini for other participant by the set deadline.

You are hereby invited to take part in the 4th Chest of Colors Mini Exchange. Please read the rules thoroughly before you accept it.

4th Chest of Colors Mini Exchange – rules

1. If you want to participate, send me following data to my e-mail address philm(at)poczta.onet.pl by the 25th of November:
- Chest of Colors nick
- first and last name
- post address

You need to meet at least one of the following requirements if you want to participate:
- membership in CoC or BoB group,
- successful participation in at least one of the previous CoC Exchanges,
- at least 100 posts on the CoC forum,
- at least 20 “thanks” on the CoC forum.

Above requirements need to be met on the Exchange announcement date. Sorry, quick posting to reach the limit will not help you to get to the exchange, However, do continue to post on our forum - there will be another exchange in the future...

I will not accept PM's, e-mails sent to other addresses, phones etc. I don't care if I have your address already. Send the above data as requested

I will reply to confirm receipt of your application.

2. I will randomly choose a recipient for each of the participants by the 30th of November. You will only receive an e-mail including data concerning your recipient. This means that you will know who you are painting for (of course), but you will not know who is painting for you.

3. You have over 2 months to paint a single 25-35mm mini on foot. Mini needs to be sent on the 31st of January (Monday) at latest. Please send me an e-mail to the aforementioned address to confirm shipping and receipt of a mini.

Avoid delays if possible. We all know that life can get in your way and shit happens all the time. That's why we are giving you 2 months for painting. It's more than enough. If you have some true problems to finish your mini, please let me know in due time. Do not run away from us, we'll find a way to resolve such situation.

Please, take your time now and think about your commitments for next few months. Are you sure you can paint a mini in 2 months?

4. It's up to you what mini you choose for your recipient. Nobody expects you to paint to a contest-winner standard, but a bit of effort is of course welcome. It's about having fun, surprise and sending gifts to fellow painters and members of Chest of Colors.

5. We like the element of surprise in our Mini Exchange. Do not let your recipient know that you are painting for him/her and/or what you are painting for him/her.

6. Take a photo of a mini you painted. We'll have a special thread opened for posting ME pics. Do not comment on minis there, it will only serve for showcase purposes. You are of course allowed to post pics in your own thread to have some discussion about your paintjob.

7. Minis need to be shipped as registered letters/packages. Please leave your receipt for future reference.

If you have any questions or doubts, feel free to contact me or ask here in this thread.

Thank you for your time. Good luck if you decide to participate.

Get this thing rolling, folks!

ImageClick to see full-sized image

EDIT: due to repeating questions I want to add one rule, which we had had in mind but did not put in writing. Sorry about that. Please check item 1, new provision is given in red.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: IV Chest of Colors Mini Exchange

Post by mahon »

so what do you think, should I enter or not? do you feel ready for THE miniature? :twisted:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

mahon wrote:so what do you think, should I enter or not? do you feel ready for THE miniature?
i vote for everyone doing one version of "THE miniature", but you must do yours :P
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

you won't get it, sorry. it's too rare and too precious :snooty:

;)
-- Mahoń

Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

mahon wrote:you won't get it, sorry. it's too rare and too precious :snooty:

;)
I dont want it :| , "it" probably would kick every other mini i have to the floor :lol: or they would jump themselves :lol:
Barton

Post by Barton »

I have signed up and sorry guys I will not be painting "the miniature"; I have something interesting in mind and off the "beaten path" in reference to the mini's posted on this site.
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

Nameless wrote: paint a single 25-35mm mini on foot.
just bear this in mind....
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I think it's good you are not painting THE miniature, but as Nameless reminded, you should paint a single 25-35mm mini on foot.
-- Mahoń

arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

It would be amusing to compare everyone's take/style on THE miniature ;)
Marek

Post by Marek »

I'm sorry but I coudn't follow the forum for half a year or so.
What is THE miniature???
*** de gustibus non est disputandum ***