what jack have made

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
dzejendes

Re: what jack have made

Post by dzejendes »

ScottRadom wrote:Very nice, very clean. I also thin kmore contrast all over the mini. Someone once said to me that if you have a colour transitioning from almost black to almost white it's probably about right. I've been trying to up the contrast in my mini's as well. Very good work!
Somebody wrote here something like that "if you think that your contrast is good enough, it is to weak" :) and I thing is very real.
ToMaZ wrote:I think these would look great in a group shot... hint hint ;)
I hope so, because it's part of my infinity army. I maybe should post it in Tales of gamers section. There will be a group shoot, but only about fifty models left for family picture to be taken:)

And now, something completly different.
Some dwarfs in late WIP:
ImageClick to see full-sized image
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

these look really neatly painted, nice bases too. But in my opinion the skin is a bit too pale. And because of this the highlights are lost in it. So maybe try a slightly darker basecoat and then you'll have more "room" for more highlights and contrast.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

they are great for a TT quality. I don't suppose you're aiming at showcase level with those?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
dzejendes

Post by dzejendes »

Corvus wrote:these look really neatly painted, nice bases too. But in my opinion the skin is a bit too pale. And because of this the highlights are lost in it. So maybe try a slightly darker basecoat and then you'll have more "room" for more highlights and contrast.
The plan was to make skin rather pale than tanned, more like Irish,British or Scandinavian than Mediterranean. But probably put to few dark colors in shadows. As I said they are still WIPs, and Im working on it.
Im glad
Nameless wrote:they are great for a TT quality. I don't suppose you're aiming at showcase level with those?
Hym, I don't know at witch "level" I'm aiming at. I just take miniature, brush and some paints and try to do something I would like to see. If you are asking exactly about dwarfs - I never played Warhammer nor I would be playing, so there is no such thing as TT in this case :)
But, still wip, so what other than skin contrast should I improve?
dzejendes

Post by dzejendes »

One more dwarf. This one is a constant WIP in every part. Maybe I could say that hair and beard is finished.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

to me you're very good at flat painting now. why don't you step forward to trying some highlighting or edging with highlight colors?

you're highlighting already, you say? no, you're not. it's too subtle and too shy to be called highlighting...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

the hair looks pretty good actually, but I think the pants and shoes have again have a basecoat which is too light. You'll have to do some serious shading to get the contrast.

Please don't get me wrong, there's some pretty fine painting going on there. You obviously have a lot of skill! I just think you need to step up a level because you seem capable to do it.