Army Painter - Pure red.

Everything from sanding and priming to varnishing!
Aleks

Army Painter - Pure red.

Post by Aleks »

Hello, do you have any idea how to achieve the pure red colour(or something similar) out of citadel paints? I tried with mechrite red and blood red but it went weird.
Cheers!
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Army Painter - Pure red.

Post by Pandadosmares »

You are one the good path, but red takes time, try mechrite red, then add blood red to the first, then after a several diluted passages go for blood red only, but has stated before red takes time, and make sure its diluted and dry before doing a new coat
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Mechrite red works well but i found with my world eaters that you actually need 3 coats to get a smooth coverage (ontop of a black primer), which is better than the usual 89 billion coats with blood red. However, the army painter dragon red i think it is, is really good and pretty close to mechrite and blood red in colour. Might be worth looking into if you have alot to paint.

Or if you have a black undercoat, cover it all lightly in scab red and then paint mechrite and blood red ontop of that, it somehow lightens the dark undercoat allowing for less application of the red ontop.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

Thanks for advices. I half of my army is primed with pure red and the other half is primed with skill white then painted with blood red(blood angels If you forgot), I wanted to achieve pure red out of citadel paints I use(only paints I have access to) to use it as 1st highlight after washes.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

Ok, maybe a different question. How to make blood red NOT an orange paint, It's too orangy to use it after washing with baal red, miniatures look like carrots. :boohoo:
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Actually when i use just GW paints for red, i use scab red then blood red, but i never make it to pure blood red as i have found it is very orangey. Try glazing over the orange surface with watered down scab red. That will give it a deeper/richer red colour.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »