StillLIfeMiniatures' Stuffs

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
StillLifeMiniatures

StillLIfeMiniatures' Stuffs

Post by StillLifeMiniatures »

I see here that users have one thread for all their finished pictures... so here I go....

Knight Models Luke Skywalker and Yoda. I painted this one for a gift so I could be a bit more creative with the base and careful with the painting. Any feedback is appreciated.

StillLifeMiniatures

Re: StillLIfeMiniatures' Stuffs

The other half of the gift. This guy I painted in oils over acrylics.

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

light sabre - only 2 calorys :)
minis with OSL on rthem much better present on dark / back bacground

wht scle is this1 ??
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
StillLifeMiniatures

They are both 70mm. That was my first attempt at OSL, especially with oils. It came out more grainy than I had wanted but I didn't know how to fix it in the time that I had. My photography is always a work in progress as well.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

I like the base of the first one. Did you paint those branches? They look too much like the original stuff it's made out, better add some (more) paint to bring them down to scale. Overall I'm missing a bit of contrast, you did a great job on Yoda's head and face, but Han Solo's face looks like it's lacking highlights. There are also mold lines still visible on his pants here and there.
StillLifeMiniatures

Thanks. Yep, I painted the branches. They are natural branches fused together with putty. The roots are all sculpted. I wish I still had this model so I could take a closer look and fix what you suggested. I remember being confused about whether the lines on his pants were mold lines or seams of the pants themselves. I decided they were sculpted lines and not mold lines but was never really sure about it. When I get a moment I would like to post a WIP thread and get feedback as I paint. I've been stuck at my current level of painting for quite some time and would like to break out of it and improve.
Here's a mid picture of the model so the difference with the branches are better seen: