Sarrazon's Circle Orboros

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
Sarrazon

Sarrazon's Circle Orboros

Post by Sarrazon »

So, finally getting around to starting Hordes, and felt I should put a tale about it. Haven't been doing much painting since I entered that contest back in February, thanks to school and life, so I'm hoping this helps me keep motivated.

The Project
A Circle Orboros army for Hordes, starting with the starter pack and being expanded into at one or more 35 point lists.

My Goals
-Try to set a better standard of not only painting, but also preparing the minis
-At very least, consistently mid-to-upper tabletop paintjobs
-Actually finish the army
-Maybe incorporate new techniques
-Possibly try some sculpting/converting

The Models
Well, that's what we're here for, isn't it? So far all I have is the starter pack, which is Kaya, two Argi (Arguses makes me feel like Gollum, so I'm gonna go with the latin plural), and a Feral Warpwolf. I still need to do most of the preparations on them, gap-filling on the warbeasts and a milliput wash on Kaya at least, and possibly the others. The casts themselves are quite good, with very few mold lines, but the Argi both have seams running all down their back, and the warpwolf has a fuckhuge gap on his waist. Kaya has some pitting on her cloak (thus the wash), but otherwise looks pretty good. After that, I need to decide on a basing scheme (forests are quite stereotypical for Circle, so I'm not sure if I want to run with that or change it up a bit) and a color scheme (probably based off the PP scheme, but I might alter it based on the basing). Then it's just up to painting, as I don't really want to try any big conversions on this batch. I took pictures of the models assembled, but my computer's SD card slot is acting up, so I'll probably put them up later. Nothing terribly interesting anyway. I'll try to post up at least a little progress each week, as I'd like to get this first wave of minis done by the end of the month.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Sarrazon's Circle Orboros

Post by sea.man »

Good luck withyour tale! We will try to motivate you;)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Sounds great ! it's good you know what targets you've set yourself. Now start posting pictures ! >.<

One thing which others have helped motivate me to do with my tales is take a picture of the whole lot and watching it progress from primer to coloured versions. Somehow it does create a much better effect in both presentation and motivation.
Sarrazon

Post by Sarrazon »

Thanks for the encouragement, and I'll do my best to get pictures up soon. In the meantime, does anyone have an idea what a good thing to use for simulating parts of a woodland on their bases would be? Like, for fallen logs, tree stumps, ect. At the moment I'm considering just going outside to get some sticks, but if anyone has a better idea, it'd be helpful.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I think that going out into forest is really the best idea :)
If you want to have leaves on the base, then pick some up, dry them and then crush them!
miniatures painted:
Sarrazon

Post by Sarrazon »

An update! This time with pictures!

So, battle box assembled, cleaned, based, and primed. I also picked up a Blackclad Wayfarer, who is absent from the pictures as I've done no work on him. The bases are not as nice as they might have been if I'd gotten resin ones, but I'm reasonable happy with them. Decent chance they're gonna get covered in snow anyway. Currently I'm tossing around a blue/silver armor with grey clothing/fur color scheme and snowy-forest basing, although I'm open to other ideas.

All said, here they are. Pics could be better, but whatever, I'm still learning how to do them.

Group Shot

Kaya

Feral Warpwolf

Argus #1

Argus #2
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

nice beginning, good luck with your tale!
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

any progress over the month?
miniatures painted:
Sarrazon

Post by Sarrazon »

Sadly, I hit a wall and stopped paying attention to the hobby for quite some time - just started again recently. So, in essence, no. It looks like this semester's gonna be pretty busy, too, so I imagine it'll just be the occasional model from me when I have the time to paint - I'm nearly done with what I'm working on at the moment, but I'm displeased with her to the point of not wanting to post pictures. Going to be looking at doing something from Red Box next, I think, hopefully to better results.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

good luck with whatever you paint :) oh, and with school too :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================