Zesto's finished minis

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
zesto2012

Re: Zesto's finished minis

Post by zesto2012 »

hello guys again another finished mini: baby kade
ImageClick to see full-sized image
i used purple as the base coat for the skin to make the skin a little weird besides neverborn likes to disguise as humans right?
i got a little crazy with the blood (sorry bout that got a little carried away)
as usual all comments and suggestions are welcome and don't hold back coz i really would want to improve my painting skills but do it politely please.
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

good - kid
bad - "blood'
blood looks like actuidently smered brown paint - ther is Tutorial about blod end guts enddefinitly effect of tech used ther looks difrent from what you get
http://chestofcolors.com/something-abou ... ing-blood/
end it works :)

so repaint base end it will be much better ;)
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I also think that the kid looks better then the bear. It might be because the bear has less contrast and the blood is similar to it's color.
Are you going to leave the rim white? I think some other color (black/ bark brown) would be better ;) Even if the blood wouldn't be that visible. Now it looks a bit unfinished to me.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
zesto2012

Post by zesto2012 »

hello guys!!
just finished another mini it's a Scibor Dwarf slaughterer check it out

i followed Maru's suggestion with regards to the blood and it turned out great (IMHO)
hopefully i didn't over do it again like the last time :D

comments and suggestions are welcome anything that can help me improve my painting coz i still have lots of things to learn :)

thanks for viewing :)
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

helo
ok blood looks much more clean or actualy more blodish like from the cut instade a broken jar of marmelade :)

what i like
skin :
i like that you put a lot of colors in to it it is not boring pink skin dwarf thar is yellow , green , blue , redend all colors

steal NMM - looks good - golden reqire a lot more contrast on it

dont like :
skin - ther is to much oilypart s like arm tith axe - thous dark brown/ red areas arenot reqired - shadows / light transicion should be much more detailed end smouth
- dark linking - yes but not with such size brush lines should be much thiner

actualy blue pants looks good to -

end base - this 1 is game lvl if this is for game thats ok but if thats for somthing other - well base mey be better (almoust alvays - ther is limit when mase actualy looks better then the mini :))
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
zesto2012

Post by zesto2012 »

Maru wrote:helo
ok blood looks much more clean or actualy more blodish like from the cut instade a broken jar of marmelade :)

what i like
skin :
i like that you put a lot of colors in to it it is not boring pink skin dwarf thar is yellow , green , blue , redend all colors

steal NMM - looks good - golden reqire a lot more contrast on it

dont like :
skin - ther is to much oilypart s like arm tith axe - thous dark brown/ red areas arenot reqired - shadows / light transicion should be much more detailed end smouth
- dark linking - yes but not with such size brush lines should be much thiner

actualy blue pants looks good to -

end base - this 1 is game lvl if this is for game thats ok but if thats for somthing other - well base mey be better (almoust alvays - ther is limit when mase actualy looks better then the mini :))
thanks for the comments will do that on my next project :)