How to repaint my exorcist

You need inspiration, ideas? Not a WIP yet but still in a concept stage? Come here!
Slawek

How to repaint my exorcist

Post by Slawek »

This is my exorcist. As you see he was a very badly painted. I start to hate that model so i strip a paint from him :)

Now I need ideas how to make him better. I want to paint him green and white color of my armies. I just need some ideas what to add, what color to use etc....
ImageClick to see full-sized image
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

RE: How to repaint my exorcist

Post by Demi_morgana »

imo this model is not painted badly enough that washing paint off was necessary - i think combination of dark green, white / bone-white and brass / gold is good choice and pretty effective;
instead of repainting I'd just add more shades and highlights to make it more eye-catching and of course some micropen prayers on the scroll :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Slawek

Post by Slawek »

Too late decision was made. Paint is stripped!!!
The green paint on the hull was too thick :(

My next exorcist is a lot better than this one... I want too have a nice army!!! :banghead:

So how to paint him! I will have some airbrush help...
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

from this point I can't see if there is too much paint but You know it better :wink:
as I said - previous colour-choice was ok; this is large model to painting it using drybrush should be effective and simple; I'll try to deliver to Mahon my ig vehicles so maybe You will take some ideas or such from them :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Zolwik

Post by Zolwik »

I would try to paint same freehands on him. Something like paintings on the walls of medieval church- figures, plant motives such as trees or leaves and so on or maybe vision of hell on the sides. It would give him monastic appearance I think. It wold turn him into something like moving chapel/altar.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I would brake down the white to a bit darker colour like bone or a very light brown blended up to white. I think this white was too bright and too much contrast to the dark green...