AE-Bounty Teaser

Another website published something interesting about minis?
Darkson

AE-Bounty Teaser

Post by Darkson »

Darkson Designs have posted a photo of a new preview of a painted miniature from their upcoming AE:Bounty sci-fi skirmish game. This is one of the ?generic? figures for the game and not one of the alien races.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

We will have quite a few early release miniatures at Gen Con for Bounty and we will be doing Demos during the entire convention.

Cheers,
Robert
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Re: AE-Bounty Teaser

Post by Skrit »

Some getting used to but it's quite growing on me. :)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

a 'no' for the paintjob, but I think it could be a 'yes' for the sculpt...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Ana
Painting Mum
Painting Mum

Post by Ana »

Oki :dance: I like the mini, I like the idea of the game too, but I am not sure what Darkson Designs wanted to achieve with that mini.
IMHO that mini will be a good decision if the gamers are good painters, or if they are not interested what they are moving on the table and only strategy matters.
Don't you think that the mini can look excellent thanks to a good painter or horrible when painted by a normal gamer. All this because of too simple sculpt. You know what I mean?
-- Ańa

mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I get what you mean - this model is much like nearly blank canvas for a painter, but may be pretty plain for a normal gamer. Well, at least it's easy to paint and not over-detailed :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Darkson

Post by Darkson »

So far the entire line of Bounty miniatures is done by the same sculptor. How it came about was the sculptor approach us with 12 miniatures already done and wanted to know if we would like to purchase em. After talking to the design team we decided that we wanted to pick up the entire group as we had a great idea for a game. Than we got hit with another batch and we picked those up as well. In total right now we have 36 sculpts waiting to be released after the Mini rule book is released.

So all of the style and design of the miniatures has been at the whim of the sculptor. We just added a touch of paint to em. The entire line is fun and not to be taken to seriously. We have a load of detail in the AE-WWII line of miniatures and thought that these figs lend themselves to folks that wanted a bit less detail in their sculpts. I painted 25 in about a week to be used during the demo games at Gen Con. I had a blast painting em and have more to go.
Darkson

Post by Darkson »

Here is a look at another alien race for Bounty.

Nikkar (nik-kär):
Despite their frightening appearance and demeanor, Nikkar are intelligent and rational beings. Sought after for their great strength, the Nikkar have a reputation for being both terrifying warriors and loyal followers. Many Nikkar found employment within the Union Guard or the Constabulary but now find themselves ekeing out a living as hired muscle among crews of criminals and mercenaries.

and here is the green:

Cheers,
Robert