Rzymek's Abominations

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: Rzymek's Abominations

Post by Nameless »

no matter what service you will use, ask for "fragile" option (I think it's called "ostroznie" at the polish post). You'll pay more of course :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Rzymek

Post by Rzymek »

I'm aware of this and since I've seen how people treat packages at the couriers' storehouses I'm not gonna use them with this and Polish postal office is ...well ,...Polish and their "ostrożnie" is like an instruction for the postman "don't kick it in front of the client and kick it softly everywhere else" ... but i guess it will have to do. I'll have tu stuff some plushies for the Balrog into the box so they will bare the brunt of postalfury...
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

you can't do much else apart from safe packaging and getting additional "fragile" options...
you could polish rail too, they offer transport too - you'd have to check if it is possible between "your" and "client's" train station :) and the ultimate option - personal delivery ;)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Rzymek

Post by Rzymek »

YEah i know...I just felt like getting pissed at it:D
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

my friend used to work at some courier service (DHL? UPS? FedEx?) and told me how they treat packages. Let's leave it with a comment that labelling it 'fragile' doesn't really matter much. It only changes the distance how far they try to toss the parcels (unless they're too heavy) or height from which parcels are dropped. It's all about working faster and with less effort :P
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Rzymek

Post by Rzymek »

http://www.coolminiornot.com/279253 and the finally finished airship
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

That airship is awesome :D i love it, Looks like it's quite heavy. So after this are you going to do another massive project? a floating island perhaps? ^^
Rzymek

Post by Rzymek »

laugh it up, I was thinking about a hovering city like the one from Heros 5? :P:P
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Awesome i'd love to see that, you could add some waterfalls coming from the island too etc. now that would be spectacular. Do it now ! or i'll get someone from CofC to bite you ! >.<
Rzymek

Post by Rzymek »

Honestly It would be sth great but the molds from hirstarts would cost me a fortune...