Sigvald the magnificent

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
khaine the betrayer

Sigvald the magnificent

Post by khaine the betrayer »

Here is my version of Sigvald which I painted for a competition it is also my first try on Nmm, Every comment on what could be doen better and how is more then welcome:)
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Re: Sigvald the magnificent

Post by Hellspawn »

Hard to tell with those pics, light is eating all the colors :(
ScottRadom

Post by ScottRadom »

Tough to get lots of info on the mini from the size fo the pics, but it looks neat. I'd reccomend thinning your paint to at least 1:1 to start as it looks like it's gone on a little bulky in places (The shield and shoulder pads). It looks clean with all the paint being in the right places which is important. Do you own any of the citadel washes? Using those diluted slightly might help add a little depth to the mini in places like the cloak and flesh I think. Thanks for posting!
khaine the betrayer

Post by khaine the betrayer »

You could try to click on the pictures to get a link to a bigger version of it. I have all the washes but never really tried to delude them trough sicnhe they are already so watery as they are i will give it a try sometime.
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

with White Balance ficed thous photos can be good to use - get eny graphical program like PS , Gimp or iven ACds ee or Picasa 3 or eny other that have "Levels" adjustment - end use white dropper on white paper you got ther (atm the yellow thing Sigvald stands on )- that will set this to white - fixing over yellowhue on whole phote ( then increasebrightnes as photo is to dark )
for more detailed photo help go to proper topic about minature photography ( ye your camera is 100% capable of doing good photos - you just dont know how :P)
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/